Pediatric Speech and Language Pathologists at Pediatric Therapy Services (PTS) specialize in treating and caring for infants, toddlers, children and teens, from birth to their 18th birthday. Pediatric Speech and Language Pathologists at PTS provide therapy services in a state of the art outpatient therapist owned clinic to children who have delayed language, difficulties with receptive/expressive language, difficulties with feeding/swallowing, articulation difficulties, and stuttering issues. Pediatric Speech and Language Pathologists at PTS are part of a multidisciplinary team who collaborate with the family to help children play, grow, and learn.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs evaluations to determine patient’s functional level
- Develops individual treatment plans of care
- Implements individual therapy programs
- Provides HEP and trains family on performing HEP
- Provides recommendations for home materials
- Monitors patient’s progress
- Prepares accurate written documentation in accordance with state guidelines, clinic policy and reimbursement standards
- Secures treatment authorizations from 3rd party
Desired characteristics of the pediatric Speech and Language Pathologist are love of working with children, patience, flexibility, ingenuity, creativity, and imagination for adapting activities to meet each child or families individual needs. The pediatric Speech and Language Pathologist must possess strong interpersonal skills for interaction with children, family and team members.
- Master’s Degree in Speech Language Therapy/Communication Disorders from accredited program.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence: CF considered. CF supervision provided.
- Must meet state requirements for Speech Language Pathology licensure
- Preferred-One year of experience as a Speech and Language Pathologist in pediatrics or clinical experience in a pediatric setting.
- Continuing Education Units to maintain Florida license
Ready to apply?
Please use the form below to apply for this position:
READY FOR A FUN THERAPY ENVIRONMENT,
THAT TRULY CARES ABOUT YOUR CHILD AND YOUR FAMILY?
Come Experience the difference!